Our commitment to open and transparent management of your personal information
- Here at Stratacare Australia we are committed to the open and transparent management of your personal information in line with our obligations under the privacy laws and to you as our valued customers.
- To offer the services we provide in our business, we will need to collect personal information.
- Personal information is defined as information that can identify you in some way.
- This policy sets out how we collect and use personal information including: how we collect and protect your information; how we use your information; disclosure of information; our compliance with direct marketing and spam laws; offshore disclosure of information; and how you can correct information or complain about our use of your personal information.
- The 13 Australian Privacy Principles can be found at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-resources/privacy-fact-sheets/other/privacy-fact-sheet-17-australian-privacy-principles
- We will only collect information in accordance with the law, the Australian Privacy Principles and through fair means.
Collecting and looking after your information
- We only collect personal information with your consent, and which is necessary for our business.
- We collect this information so we can deliver our services to you, carry on our business and provide you with anything else you might require.
- When you visit our website we may automatically collect information about: your computer’s operating system; your computer’s browser type and capability, your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) Address and geolocation; pages visited on our site, including how you were referred to each page; and web page usage statistics, including the time spent on each web page.
- We may record phone calls for customer service training purposes.
- We will not identify users or their browsing activities except where we are compelled to by law or in accordance with our website Terms and Conditions.
- We store this information on secure cloud servers. These servers are protected by best practice cloud security measures which are in place to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, unauthorised use, modification, disclosure or any other misuse.
Use of your personal information
- We use your personal information for the purpose of carrying on our business and any other related activities that you may expect from us.
- if we use that personal information for a related secondary purpose where you would reasonably expect us to use the information or where permitted by law.
- We use the sort of information collected from your computer (mentioned in point 4 of ‘Collecting and looking after your information’) for the purposes of managing our website, improving our business and ultimately delivering better results for our customers.
- Use of your information will only be made in accordance with Australian Privacy Principle 6.
Disclosure of your personal information
- If we do disclose your personal information it will only be for the primary purpose for which it was collected or for a related secondary purpose where you would reasonably expect us to disclose the information.
- We may disclose your personal information in any other way that is required or authorised by you or the law.
- We may disclose your personal information, with consent, for the purpose of carrying on our business as an online retailer and any other related activities that you may expect from us.
- Typical situations where your consent will be implied include, but are not limited to disclosure to third parties that provide services such as our payment gateway, marketing, logistic and technology support which are required to fulfil a transaction.
- In addition, the disclosure of your information will only be made in accordance with Australian Privacy Principle 6.
Direct marketing and spam
- We will only use your information for direct marking (advertising, updates etc) if you have given express or implied consent to receive it.
- We will only ever send you direct marking communications that are consistent with our obligations under Australian Privacy Principle 7 and the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
- We will always make it clear and simple to opt out of these communications and will respond to an opt out request within 5 business days.
- If for whatever reason you wish to opt out of direct marketing please email email@example.com to request an opt-out.
Your rights to correct or complain
- We are only allowed to, and only want to, keep your personal information if it is correct.
- At any time you can contact us and seek access to or correction of the personal information we hold about you.
- We are contactable by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: StrataCare Australia, PO Box 1251, Fortitude Valley, Queensland 4006, Australia.
- If you wish to complain about a breach of your rights under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) please contact us on the email and postal addresses above providing details of your complaint in writing.
- We will respond to any complaint within 30 days. If you aren’t happy with our response you can complain directly to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/making-a-privacy-complaint
If you have any questions about privacy, your personal information, direct marketing, spam or our obligations or this policy please contact us at email@example.com.